Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Pilchards are here!



The Pilchards are here! The Pilchards are here! I am always harping on your bait makes your trip. Pilchards are the best all around bait in the Keys. Now that they are showing up things will bust loose down here. Sailfish, Cobia and the Mackerel will start getting thick feeding on these tasty white baits.

Pilchards can be caught hook and line with Sabiki rigs, but the best way is to use a cast net. If you don't know how to throw a cast net it's about time your learned. I or captain Jeff pictured will be glad to show you how.

I know money's tight right now. If you are Jonesing for a fishing trip keep checking my blog and I will let you know when you can get the best bang for your buck.

Marathon in the Florida Keys should be your next fishing vacation destination. Join us for charter fishing, fishing guide trips or our fishing 101 so you can fish on your own with better success.

Tight lines,

Capt. Dallas

By the way I have added another charter to the list. Capt. Bo Sellers with Shallow Minded Charters. He does flats and backcountry in the lower Keys. Nice guy, check him out.

No comments:

Post a Comment