Saturday, July 25, 2009

Sign of the Times

The day before yesterday I officially quit buying cigarettes. Now before you all start getting all crazy with joy, I said I quit buying not smoking. I still smoke like a stack, I just ain't going to give the government two bucks a pack for my habit. Thanks to third world countries, the internet and my rigging skills, clandestine bartering is keeping me supplied with coffin nails.

Fishing wise it could not get much better. Now my last couple of trips sucked but that was a Karma thing. Steve, mister bad Karma, went fishing own his own and called me with tales of losing tarpon. I don't know what Steve did to piss the fish gods off, but he did one hell of a job. Hopefully, he will get rid of his bad Mojo by next year so I can put him on good fish again.

Back to fishing. With the crappy economy I am planning some fun trips for my regulars. Mutton mania is on the agenda for August with not one but three captains all trying to out do the other. Little Chris, that used to mate for me, Bucko the young guy that is insanely good and myself will all try to put together the trip of a lifetime for one of my regulars. Also in August some of the fam is coming down for a fishing and buggin' get away. It should be a fun time.

Oh, by the way, the Dallas Darts are getting a bit of a write up in the local paper. The little suckers have always caught fish, now they may catch the eye of more fishermen. Right now they are in two tackle stores. The Tackle Box in Old Town Marathon and Big Time Bait and Tackle up by Vaca cut. You can get them direct from me by calling (305) 395-1923 or find me at the 7 Mile Marina, Castaways, Porky's where ever I am hanging out when I am not fishing.

Marathon in the Florida Keys should be your next fishing vacation destination. Join us for charter fishing, fishing guide trips or our fishing 101 so you can fish on your own with better success.

Tight lines,

Capt. Dallas

No comments:

Post a Comment