Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Deep Water Grouper Ban Lifted

After just hearing this on the radio I am about giddy with excitement. I don't know if my posts calling for everyone to contact the South Atlantic Marine Fisheries Commission help, but I am pretty sure it didn't hurt. There was and article in the Keynoter on August 31st saying in may be lifted. The actual decision is supposed to be made on the 9th of this month, but rumor has it it is a go. This is very unusual because the fisheries commission is supposedly admitting they made a mistake. I have never had a problem with people making mistakes, its just owning up to them that is a problem.

This could be a very good sign for a little more reasonable fisheries management. I don't know of anyone that doesn't want to protect our resources down here. It is just keeping track of the impact to both the fisheries and the fisher people in enacting and reviewing rules that gets me a little flustered. Maybe someday we will get a responsible revision to the Goliath Grouper regulation?

I would love to tell y'all a fishing story, but all I have right now is boat fixing stories. Maybe in a few weeks I will have a catching fish while running a new charter boat story?

Marathon in the Florida Keys should be your next fishing vacation destination. Join us for charter fishing, fishing guide trips or our fishing 101 so you can fish on your own with better success.

Tight lines,

Capt. Dallas

No comments:

Post a Comment