Thursday, September 04, 2014

I Hope Ya Know How to Cook

I have been busy with fishing 101 trips with the gang that took advantage of the Labor Day Weekend. Labor Day is considered the last hurrah for the Marathon restaurant "season".  So several of the local eating establishments are rolling up the sidewalks and doing other things.  Fish and fishermen don't tend to keep track of when you can wear white without getting talked about, so the closures are making it a bit more of a challenge for me to recommend eating establishments.  So if you come down to take advantage of the "off season" rates, make sure you have a pretty good collection of recipes for your catch.

Fishing wise, the ocean side looks like it is still happening but with the smaller boats my crews have we have been sticking more to the bridge and bay.  Lots of action, but you have to wade through a lot of small fish before you hook up a big one which means it is pretty easy to get caught napping.

I am supposed to get a few photos emailed to me and I will try to take a few today for a later post when I have time to go into more detail.

Marathon in the Florida Keys should be your next fishing vacation destination. Join us for charter fishing, fishing guide trips or our fishing 101 so you can fish on your own with better success.

 Tight lines,

 Capt. Dallas

No comments:

Post a Comment