Sunday, December 14, 2014

Conch Tiki and the Phone

(305) 304-8656



Now that things have calmed down I guess it is time for the real story behind the Communications Glitch.  My old number was for Conch Tiki, a small company originally intended to sell plastic Tiki thatch for Tiki roofing so people could have good looking Tiki buildings that didn't shed old thatch in their yards or pools and didn't catch fire and burn down their neighborhood.  Well, the thatch didn't catch on because it was plastic meaning it wasn't "All Natural", wouldn't shed or catch fire and burn like bonfire like the "real thing".  

To promote the thatch that people wouldn't buy we ran radio spots and invented a fish cleaning table to use for displays.  Since I was local, I was the radio personality for the spots which generated more fishing calls than Tiki thatch or fish cleaning table calls.  The phone that was provided for the thatch calls, (305) 395-1923 ended up becoming my default fishing phone because no one would ever called my real phone anymore.

After around 10 years of not selling anything, the plug got pulled on Conch Tiki.  I talked to the service provider and I can get that number in 45 days if I like, but there was no quick any easy transition at least from my end of things.  Since the phone was for business, I got free phone service until a couple of days ago.

So the new phone number marks the end of one era and the beginning of a new one.   I had no clue what was going to happen from one day to the next in the old one and I doubt that will change, but for era accounting purposes we have a new one anyhow. So up top is my new, maybe temporary, phone number.

Now, with that out of the way.  Michele has become an Obama Care junkie with rotor cuff surgery and lots of physical therapy visits over the past couple of months and has another visit or ten scheduled while she has met her out of pocket.  After Tuesday, Colon endoscopy day, I should be back to fishing and fixing things.

My next sorta scheduled trip is Wednesday which Windfinder says should be 5-10 out of the Northeast doing classic reef fishing out of Big Pine Key.  That will be followed up by the Christmas crews so hopefully I will get some nice Grouper Snapper pictures to post up to Jan, 1st when of course grouper closes thanks to our fearless fishing leaders.

Marathon in the Florida Keys should be your next fishing vacation destination. Join us for charter fishing, fishing guide trips or our fishing 101 so you can fish on your own with better success.

 Tight lines,

 Capt. Dallas

No comments:

Post a Comment