Friday, September 03, 2010

A New Path for a While

Last weekend my right leg started hurting a bit.  Monday morning a buddy of mine decided I was in so much pain he pretty much forced me to go to the emergency room.  The crew in the ER was pretty nice other than they wanted to dress me funny.  Backless gowns are still the rage in hospitals.  I have never spent a night in a hospital in my life, now I can't say that anymore.

The first two days I was ordered to stay in bed with a lovely porta potty very close just in case.  Since I perceive myself as a tough guy, I avoided pain meds as much as possible.  That proved to be a mistake.  My stay was much more enjoyable with regular percasets, however you spell that.  Now that I am out, oxycodone will be my med of choice for the next month or so while the rat poison does its job.  Rat poison, aka coumadin, is prescribed for the next six months. 

My clot is approximately 18 inches long in my Femoral vein just below the branch with the Saphenous vein.  That is a pretty large clot but not quite Gueiness worthy.  Still it is a personal best.  How long it will take the rat poison tunnel its way through this obstruction is debatable.  I am thinking two months, hoping two week and praying it ain't two years.  In any case, trips I have booked over the next six months are questionable.  In the mean time I am looking for jobs that require me to sit on my butt for extended periods of time.

Since I have been out of the loop with detox and my hospital mini-vacation, I don't have any fishing report.  With my dapper new cane, support hose and pain meds I will be visiting my buds at various marinas to get the low down on the action.  So keep stopping by.

Marathon in the Florida Keys should be your next fishing vacation destination. Join us for charter fishing, fishing guide trips or our fishing 101 so you can fish on your own with better success.

Tight lines,

Capt. Dallas

1 comment:

  1. Wow, bummer. Sorry for your sitz. Hope you power back up sooner than later. Take it all one day at a time--can't do anything more or less than that.

    ReplyDelete