Friday, August 08, 2014

So what's up with Dat Free Gaffed Tuna at the Dock?

This video has gone viral on Facebook.

Keysinfonet has a short article and a better photo for the fish identification purists.  I have never gaffed a big Yellowfin Tuna in a canal, but I have seen 200 pound class Yellowfin Tuna in my Yellowtail slick in 30 foot of water and hooked a few freight trains on the reef that were likely big Yellowfin.  So the story is likely true.  I wouldn't plan a Keys trip to dock fish for Tuna or Sailfish inside Hawks Channel, but great fishing stories are common in the Keys.

A few months ago I showed a new local how to fish the bridge after work.  His first trip on his own he hooked a Wahoo twice at the bridge and managed to lose it both times.  I have also seen small sword fish on the flats plus had the meat on my thumb about burned off passing a rod with a Spanish Mackerel hooked up to a customer just when a big Marlin decided to get hungry.  That is pretty much the reason I am in the Keys, you never know what you might tangle with.

Now back to projects.

Marathon in the Florida Keys should be your next fishing vacation destination. Join us for charter fishing, fishing guide trips or our fishing 101 so you can fish on your own with better success.

 Tight lines,

 Capt. Dallas

1 comment:

  1. Nice to read your post and if you want to go on a fishing trip connect here for best fishing charter and guide Fishing Charter Naples

    ReplyDelete