Saturday, February 14, 2015

Our First Real Cold Front

(305) 304-8656 until things change

I was supposed to be fishing today but my crew didn't call me and I didn't call them.  My excuse is that it was cold outside, less than 60 F this morning.  We have had  a few cool fronts so far but I think this is the first cold front.

Possibly because of the lack of a real cold front fishing has been pretty boring.  I haven't seen many sailfish in the water or free jumping which is most likely due to not as much bait pushing over the reef as usual.  If you want fish you want to find the bait.

The day before yesterday I fished out of Islamarada and it was slower than normal.  We hit some blackfin tuna though they were small and a few Little Tunny, but not much sign of action offshore in that area at least in the morning.  Patch fishing was closer to normal with the porgies and hogfish that will bite for you on any slow bite day.  Balleyhoo did show up while we were patch fishing but not very thickly.

It takes a good bait push to make things real lively this time of year so perhaps this front is just the ticket.

I was on a fun trip on the Lady Catherine and was waiting for some photos from the customers prior to posting.  No clue when those will arrive so as a spoiler the highlight fish were nice Hogfish with a few little tunny and mackerel of the troll.  Probably due to the water temperatures the fish are still on top of the reef near the break from 72 F ocean and 67 F inshore water temperatures.  I have seen a good n umber of the normal offshore charter boats changing to inshore stuff earlier probably because the bite has been so inconsistent.

On the phone side of things I am still trying to get my old number back.  If I do I do, if not not, but I haven't given up yet.  The guy that has the number isn't completely against the idea it is just AT&T doesn't make it easy.  Marathon in the Florida Keys should be your next fishing vacation destination. Join us for charter fishing, fishing guide trips or our fishing 101 so you can fish on your own with better success.

 Tight lines,

 Capt. Dallas

No comments:

Post a Comment