Friday, November 11, 2011

Texting for Information?

I don't do texting on the phone. I do respond to comments on the blog and will actually answer my phone on occasion. But I don't do texting, fat fingers.

Robert, unless it is blowing over 25 knots, Bay Side fishing is fine, just carry a bigger anchor. 25 to 30 knots is doable, over 30 is cocktail time. So this weekend should be fine, but always check the forecast first thing in the morning.

On anchoring, I like to carry a larger Danfort and a rock anchor. If worse comes to worse you can tag the two together to hold bottom. By larger Danfort, I mean twice the size that would be recommend for your boat and use lots of scope (that's lots and lots of anchor line). Try to find clean water with bait, ballyhoo, and have at the Mackerel. Fresh ballyhoo chucks will also produce a few very nice size mangroves if you have some patience.

Marathon in the Florida Keys should be your next fishing vacation destination. Join us for charter fishing, fishing guide trips or our fishing 101 so you can fish on your own with better success.

Tight lines,

Colonel Dallas,

I promoted myself on the radio show this morning :)

Good job Robert! The Macks are still not as thick as they will be but as you found out you can still have a pretty good day of fishing anyway. Try again in about three weeks, (the moon can have a little impact on the macks) and you should be able to fill the smoker.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info! I can undersatsnd about the texting, just thought it might be better for you.

    Great Blog and I will let you know how we do.

    Robert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a follow-up. Got back from Marathon and we did ok. No record numbers but 8 big macks and 7 keeper snapper. Not gangbusters but a good day on the water with good friends.

    Dallas, thanks for the advice!

    ReplyDelete