Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Sinking Feeling

This is supposed to be a post on some kick butt reef fishing during some of the most beautiful December fishing weather I can remember, but the boat tried to sink.

No, I was not on the boat.  I was not near the boat.  The boat and I have never met, the owner of the boat called me in the AM with the "Houston! We have a problem.", voice.  I haven't heard back from the owner, but sink the boat was at the dock, that is understandable.

News  Well, I start tomorrow as the assistant to the assistant to the dock master at Pancho's Fuel Dock.  I have been thoroughly trained in sticking the fuel tanks, checkout on the cash register and have new ice basket fetching shoes.  Some folks think I may even have some clue what I am doing, which is a good thing I hear.  It is a two day a week gig so I am scheduling guide trips round Thursdays and Fridays.  I only have a few conflicts so far.

More news  The Seven Mile Grill, under new management  is scheduled to reopen in a grand way around the 15th.  That is a secret though, so don't tell nobody.  I hear that I will be one of the official tasters and will report on that when available.

Even more news  Harbor Point Marine which had a higher end rental boat business for a while before it went under is no longer under.  That is also under new management.   I will make a post on the new operation once I actually see the new operation.

It is mighty nice reporting on openings instead of closing.

Marathon in the Florida Keys should be your next fishing vacation destination. Join us for charter fishing, fishing guide trips or our fishing 101 so you can fish on your own with better success.

Tight lines,

Capt. Dallas

No comments:

Post a Comment