Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The Wellcraft Project

Every transom I have rebuilt I did after removing the boat cap and floor since all that was pretty much trashed.  The V20 though has a solid enough floor and the cap is not in bad shape.  So instead of ripping the boat a part I am going to slide in a new transom core from the top.  The original transom core was only 1 inch thick and nearly completely turned to powder so I just vacuumed out most of the old stuff.

As I said the floor is in pretty good shape and the boat has saddle tanks instead of a below floor gas tank which is a pretty nice way to do things.  I think this old gal will be a pretty Bay/Reef boat after I am done.

Marathon in the Florida Keys should be your next fishing vacation destination. Join us for charter fishing, fishing guide trips or our fishing 101 so you can fish on your own with better success.

 Tight lines,

 Capt. Dallas

No comments:

Post a Comment