Wednesday, May 06, 2009

A Brand New Record!

Today I set a brand new personal record for my stay in the Florida Keys. I went 20 days without a paid trip. I and a number of other local guides/captains are going down in a blaze of glory.

To borrow a line from from a Clint Eastwood movie,Josie Wales, "We will endeavor to persevere". Between the wind and the economy, this is the worst year I have experienced. Talking to Jeff Knapp today I told him of my new record. He freaked. He had just told me he had nine days coming with no bookings when I told him of my new record.

On the bright side, I do have a trip tomorrow. I will do my best to make this trip worthy of many photos. Having relatively good weather, I plan to set the bar a little higher. That may not be the smartest thing to do but I am doing it anyway.

As far as fishing goes it ain't bad. Dolphin are pouring through, permit are a no brainer, tarpon are biting, the reef is hot, but there are not many people coming down to take advantage of the situation.

Marathon in the Florida Keys should be your next fishing vacation destination if you have any disposable income. Join us for charter fishing, fishing guide trips or our fishing 101 so you can fish on your own with better success.

Tight lines,

Capt. Dallas

1 comment:

  1. Very nice article and experience...... thanks for the sharing.................

    ___________________
    Smarry
    The only Satellite Television Delivers the Best Value in Entertainment

    ReplyDelete