Monday, August 03, 2009

The Real Lobster Season is Coming

I am a bit of a local now after ten years. Not a Conch by any means, but maybe a local. That means I can probably out fish your butt, drink you under the table and spin a hellava lot better yarn than you can, unless of course you are a local or a
Conch. At ten years I have not graduated to Keys icon status, though someone called me a legend the other day. With all the new slang terms being bandied about, I am not sure what that means. An older woman that likes younger men is a Cougar. So maybe a legend is an old fart that chases younger women. In that case I am a legend, at least in my own mind.

Being a legend, I have no problem getting all the Florida lobster I want. I have a former mate that does not eat spinies that owes me money, lots of newbies I can Tom Sawyer into getting wet and well an eye patch if I have to.

I don't know if any of you guys have noticed, but the economy is a bit weird. On this blog there is this adsense stuff. If you click on an ad I make money. Now technically, or is it legally, I can't tell you guys to click on ads because I get paid if you do. That is a conflict of interest, my mentioning that I might make money if you click on an ad. So don't do that.

Fishing is pretty good. Now the dolphin can be hit or miss, but the tuna are hot. This time of year we catch lots of Black Fin Tuna. Great fighters but they taste like crap. Don't worry, I will take them all off your hands for no extra charge.

I have a mutton trip in the works, a Gulf Wreck trip and a family fun weekend coming up with what may include the pork barbecue of this millennium. With the economy the way it is I may even be taking a sailboat fishing trip. That should make the local papers, me guiding a WAFI. Next thing you know I will be doing plumbing.

Marathon in the Florida Keys should be your next fishing vacation destination. Join us for charter fishing, fishing guide trips or our fishing 101 so you can fish on your own with better success.

Tight lines,

Capt. Dallas

No comments:

Post a Comment