Thursday, September 03, 2009

It Is September!

September is without a doubt the slowest month in the Keys business wise. It is the time when most folks down here haul their boats for maintenance, close their businesses for vacation and just try to find something to do. In a typical September I spend my time playing online poker and watching the weather channel. This September is a little different.

Rob Harris, the owner of Conchy Joe's bait and tackle in Key Weird sent me an invitation to play Mafia Wars online. I used to like Rob. Anyhow this Mafia Wars thing can be addictive. I thought it was just me being bored out of my mind that caused me to spend way too much time on the computer. It turns out though that people that actually have a life are doing the same thing. All of this online addictive stuff started after I opened a Facebook account. Since then I am being bombarded with all kinds of requests to join different things to waste time. I generally can waste time with the best of them, but Facebook takes time wasting to a new level.

Now back to what I do. Believe it or not I may have a few fishing trips lined up for the month. It is all weather dependent, but I have gotten a few calls. This is a bit unusual since September normally has everyone boarding up and prepared to dodge hurricanes. This year the 'canes appear to be cutting us a little slack. With the nice weather and other people realizing they are getting addicted to cyber stuff there are a few that want to have real world experiences. Fishing in the Florida Keys qualifies as a real world experience so what the heck they are planning a trip.

It don't get no cheaper to vacation down here than in September and October. The fishing is still good and you don't have to wait for a server in any of the local restaurants and bars. As long as you don't wear black socks with sandals, most folks will treat you like a local this time of year.

By the way make a note that my phone number has changed to 305 395-1923. This was one of those economic necessities, my changing the number. I don't know if y'all have noticed, but the economy has been a little on the down side. Which really sucks if you trying to make ends meet, but is really great if you are not.

Marathon in the Florida Keys should be your next fishing vacation destination. Join us for charter fishing, fishing guide trips or our fishing 101 so you can fish on your own with better success.

Tight lines,

Capt. Dallas

1 comment:

  1. Lots of great blogs here. I love fishing in the keys. All the best.

    ReplyDelete