Monday, June 14, 2010

Getting Back Up to Date

I haven't posted in a while because I have been waiting on photos that never came.  So what the heck here is what is going on.

I got in three fishing 101 s last week and had another week of fishing pushed back.  Haven't seen a tarball yet and the water is super clear.

How did my trips go?  Slow, good and weird best describe them.

The slow was Wednesday with two nice young couples on their own boat.  I think the fish just wanted a day off.  We could see plenty of snapper and grouper in the water but they just would not come to the slck in the light current.  We caught a few but not a banner day.

Thursday was the total opposite with the yellow tail balled up in the slick like normal.  Every spot I hit worked out well that day.  That's why am blaming the fish for the day before.

Saturday started  with 'cuda tubing at the bridge with two of my three anglers scoring fairy quickly.  It was a lot of fun for them.  Then we headed off shore for some trolling to beat the heat.  This is when it got weird..  The birds were on strike that day so it took me a while to find the fish.  Then we jumped off three fish in a row.  So I take their lures out and put two off my Dallas Darts in the mix.  We hooked up a respectable light gaffer dolphin and had a school of nice 10 pounders or so follow him to the boat along with a big baracuda.  While I was getting the crew to get chunk baits in the water, the first fish gets around the motor and gets loose.  So much for that school of fat fish.  Then we found a floater about an hour latter jump off one and have a solid hook up on another. My guys were so gun shy about losing the first dolphin they wanted to gaff it before we had a chance to see if it had any company.  I hit the floater a few more time with no luck.  Then we headed back in to shallower water and put lines out again.  Within a few seconds we had another fish on.  This was smaller than the off shore fish but fun anyway.  Only a big shark wanted the fish more than my angler did.  The shark took all the meat and left the angler with a head and tail but not much in between.  Then we called it a day.

Come on down and join us for charter fishing, fishing guide trips or our fishing 101 so you can fish on your own with better success.

Tight lines, Capt. Dallas

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to go fishing in the Florida Keys. If you are into all things Florida, you may be interested in the Florida news ticker. Simply copy the code from http://tickerscripts.com/Florida.html into your blog and away you go. Simple, fully automated and above all free!! Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete