Saturday, November 25, 2006

Fishing the Florida Keys - How To

I'm going to start posting a few how to articles on fishing the Keys. Don't expect every Captain down here to agree with everything I write. There is more than one way to skin a catfish. Some thing that are fairly common,I don't do. Sand balling is one. I have ways to product the same kind of results without trashing the boat. The methods I use follow the KISS principle, Keep It Simple Stupid. They work for me. When they quit working I'll change.

If you are new to fishing in the Keys you may want to buy copies of a couple of Vic Dunnaway's books, Complete Book of Baits, Rigging and Tackle and Sport Fish of
Florida. Vic knew his stuff. I use his UniKnot every trip.

I have one blog post, The Art of Yellowtail Snapper Fishing, all ready. I will revise that a little because it was for Octobert and November when I really nail the flags, every day tailing is a little different but not much.

Florida Bay for Mackerel will be next. If I get around to it, Basic Bridge Fishing, from a boat that is, will be next. Anyone that disagrees or has any input, feel free to comment.

Tight Lines

No comments:

Post a Comment