Monday, January 24, 2011

Cypress Fish Cleaning Table Base


I have a cold which is really cramping my style.  I did manage to get a buddy to help me put together a new base for the fish cleaning table.  I am into wood and low maintenance, so I ordered some cypress from central Florida.  Cypress has natural oils that protect it from insects and rot to a point.  Second growth cypress will weather well, but it does need a little UV and water protection to  extend its useful life.

In the pictures are the table with the basic base.  The base is natural and looks good, but I think a light stain would bring out the grain.  Cost for the base right now is $150 bringing the total base and table to $549 Dollars.  Bases right now are only available in the Florida Keys since shipping costs have to be worked out.  The base design is meant to be flexible allowing doors, drawers etc. to be added for custom applications. 

Marathon in the Florida Keys should be your next fishing vacation destination. Join us for charter fishing, fishing guide trips or our fishing 101 so you can fish on your own with better success.

Tight lines,

Capt. Dallas

1 comment:

  1. The table base naturally looks good and very strong. The base design is meant to be flexible allowing doors, drawers etc. Thanks...

    ReplyDelete