Sunday, June 01, 2014

Rates and Dates

With the winds up today I have been playing with my toy welder and dickering on craigslist.  I have added an ad in services which I will probably forget to update, but for now it is up.  So to go with that ad I am posting my rates and general Fishing 101 details.

My advertised rate is $175 per day for just the basics.  I no longer care to do tournaments so don't worry about that.  Basic Fishing 101 is just that, the basics on how to safely, productively fish in the Florida Keys.  If I have a specialty it is nasty weather vacation saving trips.  Living on an island there is always a lee side and almost always a fish ready to bite.  If you just want information I have several posts on fishing basics.  For those of you that have some experience fishing in the Keys but not as much catching as you like, spending a little time reading fishing basics is probably all you need.  The biggest tip for the Keys is keep is simple and keep it light.

Most of my trips are out of Marathon but I have guided from Key Largo to Key West.  I generally try to recommend a more local captain if you are more than 20 miles from Marathon, but do pretty well anywhere in the Keys.

Nasty weather options are normally the bay side, Hawks Channel and bridges. In my opinion, these are some of the most productive and least appreciate areas to fish for tourists and locals alike.  The most popular trips I have are reef and patch reef trips for snapper and grouper.  With Yellowtail Snapper you can be a hero or a zero so I try to show how to take advantage of the catching opportunities that present themselves instead of getting stuck on a one species type trip.  Something is almost always biting, you just need to go with the flow.

I am making this a sticky for a while so new posts will be under this one.  BTW, that is not me in the photo, just one of my satisfied customers.  Marathon in the Florida Keys should be your next fishing vacation destination. Join us for charter fishing, fishing guide trips or our fishing 101 so you can fish on your own with better success.

 Tight lines,

 Capt. Dallas

No comments:

Post a Comment